Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Aloha, sunshine!

The sun is shining...and the temperature is rising! Time to peel off the socks & paint the toenails! Here in the Pacific Northwest we've been (somewhat) patiently waiting for summer to arrive. While we've been longing for the sun to come out for more than 15 minutes at a time, I've pulled out some old vacation photos & been working on mini albums. Revisiting memories of warm sunshine, clear blue water, beautiful sandy beaches & tropical drinks. I can almost hear the waves & smell the suntan lotion!

The first mini album I've been working on is of our trip to Maui, in June 2009...


Have you made a paper bag album yet? That's what this one is. A mini album made out of paper lunch sacks. I've made a few of these paper bag albums...they're really fun! On a couple smaller ones I've made, I stitched a stack of bags together, but for this one, I choose to just use two rings. For this album, I used a mish mash of older papers & embellishments. Some from Making Memories' Great Escape line, some from October Afternoon's Early Bird and some from My Mind's Eye's Breaking Free lines, along with some reproduction vintage postcards. All such colorful, fun products! Perfect for some Hawaiian adventures...













Isn't that the truth? Lovely memories...with my fantastic hubby...in one of our favorite places. Now that's the life!

Hope wherever you are today that the sun is shining down on you! (Or that you've found some AC, if you'd rather not deal with the heat!) I'll be back soon with some pics of the second mini album I've been working on...

No comments:

Post a Comment