Friday, January 7, 2011

Hip Kit November Projects

TGIF my friends! I. Am. Pooped. I'm not sure what it is, but I have a feeling it is all the catching up this week on a bunch of work after slacking & playing around the holidays PLUS the extra exercise that I've added to my daily activities. Cultivating good habits & sticking to it...so far so good! LOL.

A couple days ago, I realized that I haven't even shared a sneak peek of my projects using the Hip 2B Square November Hip Kit! Me oh my. Kimberly has had them on display in the store for the past month, but I did want to share here too...so bear with me as I reminisce on a few of my Christmas projects from last month!


I loved the Add-On kit for November, which included the fun Mini Scalloped Chipboard Banner from Maya Road, some Metallic Maya Mist in one of their new colors (Antique Patina) and the super cute Sassafras Lass 'Krafty' cardstock stickers. I misted the naked chipboard banner pieces, applied the alpha stickers & strung up the pieces with the brown jute twine. I love how it turned out!

This next layout was inspired by a sketch from Pencil Lines, Sketch 216 by Piradee Talvanna.

I did a little fussy cutting on the poinsettias and leaves. A little bit of misting and lots of layering. And those fun little Maya Road Canvas Flowers with the wood button centers were part of the Add-On kit too.

 

 
These next couple of layouts were my favorites of the bunch. I love this Basic Grey 'Blizzard' paper from their Jovial collection. It's such a pretty aquamarine color...and I love how it looks with the craft paper!
I did some more fussy cutting...this time cutting snowflakes out of the Making Memories Noel green snowflake paper. I applied a bit of Glossy Accents to them and curled up the edges a bit for some added dimension.
 And a few cards...
 You can't really tell from the photo, but this card has some crunchy glitter on it for a little snowy sparkle!

Now that I've shared these projects, Christmas 2010 is a wrap! Oh wait...still working on my December Daily. Well, it's pretty much a wrap. And now...on to a whole new year of fun crafty projects! Can't wait to see what 2011 has in store. Oh! I do know of one thing...this next Hip Kit should be arriving anyday!



Fun, eh? Don't you just love those Modern Homemaker chipboard stickers from October Afternoon?!? And those metal posies from Sassafras Lass?!?! Oh my...can't wait to play...
xoBC

No comments:

Post a Comment