Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy Weekend!

Hi sweet friends!
Hope you're having a happy, relaxing and creative weekend. Sorry I've been quiet this first week of August...I've been busy playing with some fabulous new Hip 2B Square Hip Kits and will share those projects in the next couple of days.

Last week I snuck in a few minutes of fun in my studio to create some projects for the July challenges over at Citrus Tree Studio. Mara's Color Challenge was to use yellow, green and red. The Pink Paislee Hometown Summer line is perfect for this challenge...


Some of the patterned paper from this Hometown Summer line, along with a bit of October Afternoon 5 & Dime made for a sweet little card.


Daniela's Designer's Choice Challenge was to create a card using patterned paper, a die cut or punch and ribbon. Here are two cards that I came up with from scraps from my stash.

Totally love the red, robins egg and pale green color combo of this card...and the limited edition numbers stamp from Studio Calico! I made the flower die cut with the Give A Hoot cricut cartridge and the 'lovely lady' sentiment is a sticker from My Mind's Eye.



And one more card...using some super sweet patterned paper from Pebbles Inc.,  a card from We R Memory Keepers, a sticker & some ribbon from American Crafts and a Martha Stewart sweet little butterfly punch.


I love how these challenges jump started my creativity and that these cards took no time to put together, but were so satisfying to create! Do hope you get to sneak in some fun creative time in your studio/craft room this weekend, my friends.
xoBC

2 comments:

  1. Fantabulous cards as always! Hope you are having an equally fantabulous summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute cards, Bethany! It was so fun to meet you at the workshop. Hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete