Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May Sketches

Hi friends! Happy Tuesday...Happy May to you!
Here to share a couple of projects inspired by the May Hip 2B Square card & layout sketch challenges that just kicked off last week.

This month's card sketch is from The Deconstructed Sketch...


I used the yummy April Hip Kit to create this card...


For my card, I created a standard 4.25"x5.5" card and cropped the right side of the sketch off.


This month's layout sketch is from Sketch Support...


Here's the layout I was inspired to create, again using fun product from the April Hip Kit and Embellishment Add-On Kit...


This layout features photos of my friend's twin girls...aren't they the sweetest??


For the banner on this layout, I used pieces from the Lilybee Design 'Bag of Bits'. I ran all the pieces through my sewing machine before I adhered it to the layout so I could hang it like an actual banner using my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher and the darling Crate Paper clothespins. I embellished some of the banner pieces with punched shapes, word stickers and the lovely buttons from the kit.


Loving those Studio Calico wood frames...and the new Mister Huey 'Taxi' from the add-on kit! Such a cheery yellow ink. I used a bit of Mister Huey 'Piglet' and Mister Huey 'Heirloom Blue' inks in addition to the 'Taxi' to coordinate with the fabulous patterned paper in this kit...


Do hope you play along with the May sketch challenges! Everyone who plays along has a chance at winning a free Hip Kit! You can find all the details here and here.

And while you're over at the Hip 2B Square blog getting all the details on how to participate in the sketch challenges, check out the new May Hip Kit that was revealed last week! Here's a sneak peek of it... 


More Echo Park, Crate Paper, October Afternoon, My Mind's Eye, American Crafts and SMASH goodness! Oh my! I spy some amazing SMASH washi tape.
Also, check out the May Add-On Kit...


Um, YES PLEASE! Love me some Studio Calico masks and Mister Huey! Can't wait to play with these May kits. You can find all the deets here.

Happy Crafting!
xoBC

No comments:

Post a Comment