Wednesday, June 6, 2012

eBay Treasures

Hi friends!
A very large package arrived on our doorstep the other day...


My dear hubby referred to them as 'a fine set of vintage American Tourister suitcases' - in what was his best British accent. I'm pretty sure he was mocking me...especially when later he asked me how many more suitcases I was going to add to the collection! But no bother...he can mock as much as he like...just look at these orchid-hued lovelies waiting to be repurposed! 

 

Pristine inside, lined in a shade of cotton candy pink and two sets of the happiest keys ever... 


I scurried off to one of my favorite places to buy fabric and can't wait to get started on recovering these cases! One will be covered in the pretty Amy Butler floral from Gypsy Caravan collection (that gal has fabulous color sense!) and the other will be covered in a fun print called 'Just Dandy' by Josephine Kimberling for Robert Kaufman. Do you like? 


Will be back to share the 'after' pictures soon!
xoBC 

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the results! Love the happy keys.

    ReplyDelete