Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dusting off the old blog...

Oh my. How time flies! I'd say it's about time to dust off the old blog, clear away the cobwebs & get back at it! This happy mail definitely did the job to get my mojo flowing...


The September AND October Hip Kit and Add-On Kits arrived on my doorstep! Whoohoo!
Here's a little sneak of what's inside these glorious packages...

The September 2013 Hip Kit is full of Fancy Pants Collecting Moments, Amy Tangerine Cut & Paste and Maggie Holmes Flea Market from Crate Paper with a touch of Dear Lizzy & Studio Calico goodness. The September 2013 Add-On Kit features Maggie Holmes' Flea Market chipboard accents. Totally cute.

The October 2013 Hip Kit and Add-On Kits are the ultimate fall kit! A perfect mix of gold & orange with a touch of navy - LOVE the mix of colors in this kit. See those Thickers in the bottom left? Gold glittery goodness.


Here are a few Halloween cards and a layout that I created with the fun October kit...


Seriously love the gold washi in this kit. It adds just the right amount of shine to projects. I also added a bit of Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold...one of my favorite mists right now.


On this 'hey bootiful' card, I used my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher to add some sequins & dressed up the skeleton sticker with a bow tie made from a couple of little paper triangles and an enamel dot...doesn't he look dapper?


I'm definitely a 'cute' Halloween type...no spooky Halloween stuff for this girl! So check out the cutie pie on this card. Love this sweet little squirrel from the Basic Grey sticker sheet. I used the candy corn sticker and added a bit of glitter for some sparkle.

 

This layout features a photo of my sis and I, circa 1980ish in our crazy, inflatable costumes. Don't ya love my sister's green pants and how I accessorized with a belt? So stylish! HA!
Instead of using the overlay on top of my photo, I used it as another layer behind the patterned paper. I like how the transparency adds another dimension/texture to the project.



For more inspiration using the October Hip Kit and Add-On Kits, check out the Hip Kit blog here. All kits are available for purchase (and subscription!) here.

Happy scrapping!
xoB

No comments:

Post a Comment